- About Us
- Paper Shredders
- Reconditioned Equip.
- Contact Us
The versatile 6406 Series is available with 2 to 6 stations for flexibility, and includes a variety of input configurations: a high-capacity document feeder for up to 725 sheets, 1 or 2 high-capacity production feeders, standard and special feeders, and short feed trays.
User-friendly features include the 7” color touchscreen control panel with graphics-based display and automatic paper and envelope presence sensors, a vertical output stacker which holds up to 500 filled envelopes, and a top-loading envelope hopper with a capacity of up to 325 envelopes which can be refilled on-the-fly. AutoSet allows operators to load envelopes and documents, then adjusts all settings automatically with the ability to store up to 50 programmed jobs for instant recall.
Its powerful folding capacity folds up to 10 sheets (half fold) or up to 8 sheets (tri-fold) at one time, plus Cascade Mode allows users to link feeders for continuous operation: when one feeder empties, another takes over.
Double document detectors located at each feeder and the insertion area ensure no double documents are fed into the system. The 6406 Series utilizes electromechanical detectors which can operate with any print density, paper color, thickness or paper dust. Documents requiring inspection can be delivered automatically to the divert station. The 6406 Series also offers energy savings with its auto standby mode, which goes into effect after 1 hour of idle time.
An optional CIS Scanner reads OMR, 1D and 2D Barcodes and OCR printed anywhere on the page, which provides the ability to automatically insert multiple-page documents, eliminating the tedious task of manually collating and inserting. Additional options include high-capacity production feeders, short feed trays for small inserts or BREs, side exit trays, custom cabinets and 402 Series Joggers.Features:
- Full-Glass Color Touchscreen: 7” touchscreen display features graphic icons for simple, intuitive use
- Modular Flexibility: Configurations are available with 2-6 fully-automatic feed stations
- AutoSetTM: Load envelopes and documents and the 6406 Series will adjust all settings automatically
- Paper & Envelope Presence Sensors: Control panel displays which feeders need to be refilled
- Mid-Volume Processing Speed: Processes up to 4,000 envelopes per hour
- 50 Programmable Jobs: Program frequently used jobs for quick and easy operation
- High-Capacity Vertical Output Stacker: Holds up to 500 finished envelopes with reverse stacking output, maintaining printing order
- Large, Top-Loading Envelope Hopper: Holds up to 325 envelopes with on-the-fly reloading for continuous operation
- Handles a Variety of Envelope Sizes: Inserts into envelopes up to 6.3” H x 9.7” W
- Variety of Fold Types: C, Half, Z, Double Parallel and no fold
- Daily Mail Mode: Easily inserts stapled sets
- Multi-Feeding: Allows for a set number of pieces to be pulled from one feeder, then collated and inserted automatically
- Cascade Mode: Feeders can be linked for continuous operation, when one feeder empties, another takes over, allowing operators to refill as needed until the job is complete
- Powerful Folding Capability: Folds up to 10 sheets (half fold) or up to 8 sheets (tri-fold) at once
- Versatile: Folds and/or inserts sheets, BREs and cards automatically
- Insert Capability: Folds/inserts top, middle and bottom address documents into top-flap envelopes
- Eco Mode: Saves energy by automatically switching into standby mode after one hour of inactivity
Document Security Features
- Double Document Detection: Electromechanical detectors located at each feeder and the insertion area operate with any print density, paper color or thickness, to provide exceptional security
- Divert Station: Sensors redirect double documents and incomplete sets without interruption
- CIS Scanner: Reads OMR 1-track, OCR, 1D Barcodes and 2D Data Matrix codes, printed horizontally or vertically anywhere on the page
- Production Feeders: 1 or 2, each feeds up to 1,200 sheets or 325 BREs
- Side Exit Tray: Holds up to 500 filled envelopes
- OMR, BCR and OCR: Optical Mark, Barcode and Optical Character Recognition for added security
- Short Feed Trays: Designed for small inserts and BREs
- Custom Cabinets: Enclosed cabinets on casters with a key lock for secure storage
- 402 Series Joggers: Square and remove static electricity from documents prior to processing
|Feeder Capacity: Up to 325 sheets, 20# paper (each feeder) / 725 (Production Feeder)||Up to 325 envelopes, top-loading|
|Envelope Hopper Capacity:||Up to 325 envelopes, top-loading|
|Vertical Output Stacker:||Up to 500 filled envelopes, reverse stacking output|
|Side Exit Tray (optional):||Up to 500 filled envelopes|
|Speed:||Up to 4,000 pieces per hour, #10 envelopes|
|Duty Cycle: Up to 60,000 pieces per month||Up to 50|
|Programmable Jobs:||Up to 50|
|Paper Size*:||3.5” - 14” L x 5.1” - 9” W|
|Dimensions:||65” L x 32” H x 16.5” D (four-station models)|
|Weight:||Approx. 242 lbs (four-station)|
|Voltage:||100 Volts AC 50/60Hz|
|Safety Certifications:||UL, CE approved|
* Paper & envelope specifications may vary. All media must be tested.
** Bottom-address documents can be processed only in Half and Z-fold modes, up to 5 sheets.